Born in Taos, New Mexico, Ms. Waterman’s education includes a BA in Fine Art from the
University of Southern California.
Elizabeth Waterman’s distinctive images depict the ongoing transformation of artists and performers.
Elizabeth Waterman is currently launching her 2021 book, MONEYGAME, with XYZ (Lisbon, Portugal), featuring her five-year foray into the stripper and sex work industry. The book will feature over seventy-five images with editorial from Waterman.
Waterman’s photographs have been featured in shows at the old Limelight Church/Jue Lan Club (NYC), Wallplay (NYC), and Olson-Irwin (Sydney), auctioned on the website Artnet, and showcased on L’Oeil de La Photographie.com. Her commercial clients include MS Magazine and fashion designers Elie Tahari and Marc Jacobs.
Since 2018, Elizabeth Waterman has also been the co-president of Titan Copyright, a firm using advanced technology and a state-of-the-art search engine to protect the copyright interests of select agencies and professional photographers.
– British Journal of Photography, “Dark Angels: Illuminating the beauty and athleticism of strippers,” October, 2020.
– Index.hu, “Hundreds of girls are working and changing hands for thousands of dollars,” April, 2020.
– L’Oeil de La Photographie, “Elizabeth Waterman’s Dark Angels,” June, 2016.
– The Huffington Post, “Art With a Dose of Philosophy From the Millennial Generation,” October 15, 2013
2018-present, Co-President, Titan Copyright
Partner in a boutique firm that represented the world’s top photographers in the management and pursuit of their copyright infringements. Clients include the Magnum Agency and Douglas Kirkland. www.titancopright.com
2014-present, Executive Director, Black + Gold
CEO and Executive Director of Black + Gold, a next-generation production agency based in NYC and LA. Black + Gold specializes in photography and online marketing services for a range of clients across the fashion and beauty industries.
2003-2007, University of Southern California
BA in Fine Art, Deans List
–Prix de la Photographie (PX3) 2020; Honorable Mention in Fine Art/ People
– British Journal of Photography, Portrait of Humanity Book, Publication, May 2019
– The Biennial for Fine Art & Documentary, May 2019 Grant, Shortlisted, February 2019
– Prix de la Photographie (PX3) 2018; Gold Winner in the Documentary Category, Silver Winner in the People Category, and Honorable Mention
– 16th Annual Smithsonian.com Photo Contest, Photo of the Day, Editor’s Pick(September 21, 2018)
– State of the World, Exhibition of PX3 2018 Prizewinning Photography curated by Hossein Farmani, Espace Beaurepaire, Paris, July 2018
– The New Vintage, Show with Marcia Resnick, Jue Lan Club/Limelight Church, New York City, NY, March 2016
–The Gruin Transfer, Group Show, Salomon Arts Gallery, New York City, NY, September 2015
– The Dash, Group Show, Soma Studio, Sydney, Australia, November 2014
– The New God, Solo Show, Wallplay, New York City, NY, October 2013
– Who Shot Natalie White, Group Show, ROX Gallery, New York City, NY, April 2013
Editorials by Ms. Waterman below