Based in Los Angeles, Elizabeth Waterman is a portrait and fine art photographer. Her clients have included MS Magazine and fashion designers Elie Tahari, Marc Jacobs, and Alex and Ani.
Her distinctive images, which define the spirit of the Millennial generation’s emergence and transformation, as well as depict unseen corners of nightlife, have been featured in shows at the old Limelight Church/Jue Lan Club (NYC), Wallplay (NYC), and Olson-Irwin (Sydney). Online, her works have been included in auctions on the website artnet, and showcased on L’Oeil de La Photographie.com. She is currently photographing a book on strippers.
Ms. Waterman has been the CMO and Vice-President of Image Defenders, a firm protecting the rights of high-end photographers worldwide, since 2018. Image Defenders uses a state of the art search platform and technology in working with photographers such as Douglas Kirkland and Mark Seliger. The firm has since exploded in growth and continues to bring its clients value for their copyright infringements.
Born in Taos, New Mexico, Ms. Waterman’s qualifications include a BA in Fine Art from the University of Southern California valtrex medication.
– British Journal of Photography, Portrait of Humanity Book, Publication, May 2019
– The Biennial for Fine Art & Documentary, May 2019 Grant, Shortlisted, February 2019
– Prix de la Photographie (PX3) 2018; Gold Winner in the Documentary Category, Silver Winner in the People Category, and Honorable Mention
– 16th Annual Smithsonian.com Photo Contest, Photo of the Day, Editor’s Pick (September 21, 2018)
– State of the World, Exhibition of PX3 2018 Prizewinning Photography curated by Hossein Farmani, Espace Beaurepaire, Paris, July 2018
– The New Vintage, Show with Marcia Resnick, Jue Lan Club/Limelight Church, New York City, NY, March 2016
–The Gruin Transfer, Group Show, Salomon Arts Gallery, New York City, NY, September 2015
– The Dash, Group Show, Soma Studio, Sydney, Australia, November 2014
– The New God, Solo Show, Wallplay, New York City, NY, October 2013
– Who Shot Natalie White, Group Show, ROX Gallery, New York City, NY, April 2013
– L’Oeil de La Photographie, “Elizabeth Waterman’s Dark Angels,” June, 2016.
– ARTograma, “Elizabeth Waterman: The Purpose of Art,” Aug, 2016
– EOS Magazine, “Elizabeth Waterman’s Aesthetics of Ascension,” Nov 23, 2014
– The Huffington Post, “Art With a Dose of Philosophy From the Millennial Generation,” October 15, 2013
– Beautiful Savage, “Interview with Elizabeth Waugh,” November 3, 2013
– ArtFuse, “Wallplay Presents: The New God,” Oct. 30, 2013
– Stay Thirsty, “A Conversation with Elizabeth Waugh,” September 2013
– Grungecake, “Richardine Bartee for the New God: Portrait Project by Elizabeth Waugh,” July 13, 2012
– Beautiful Savage, “Elizabeth Waugh: New God,” April 4, 2012
2003-2007, University of Southern California
BA in Fine Art, Deans List
2007-present, Executive Director, Black + Gold
CEO and Executive Director of Black + Gold, a next-generation production agency based in NYC and LA. Black + Gold specializes in photography and online marketing services for a range of clients across the fashion and beauty industries.. www.blackandgold.nyc
2014-2015, Founding Editor, EOS Magazine
Founding editor and creative director of an online magazine featuring New York City artists and cultural subjects. www.eosisnow.com